Bunbury Tennis Club has reopened with a return to restricted play from 15th May 2020
The committee has set out the following safe play rules in order for all members to safely enjoy their tennis at the club. This will need to be a self-policing policy and non-compliance could inevitably result in loss of membership and/or closure of the courts.
1. All players must be paid up members of the club.
2. No guests are permitted to play.
3. With the exception of household members playing together, there is a maximum of 2 people per court (Singles play only).
4. No social gatherings while waiting to play or spectating.
5. It is advisable to clearly mark your own tennis balls and to avoid using hands to pick up any other balls that are in use on the courts during play. We suggest using your racquet/foot to hit/kick balls to your opponent or to return them to another court.
6. Picnic benches have been removed.
7. Hand sanitiser will be provided however we encourage you to also bring your own. Please advise the club if you notice that the club sanitiser level is running low.
8. Currently the clubhouse and toilet access will remain closed.
9. A first aid box will be relocated outside the clubhouse for use in emergency first aid situations.
10. Nets have been set at the correct height and adjustable handles removed.
11. The floodlights are out of use and the control box has been locked as this limits the number of surfaces that are being touched on the club grounds.
12. Whilst it may be obvious, if you or a member of your household has or has had symptoms of Covid-19, or you are in the most vulnerable category and have been advised to shield from the coronavirus please stay at home and follow government guidelines.
13. Please always observe social distancing when on the club grounds.
We would also advise members to regularly check our facebook page for any important announcements and changes that we may have to make along the way as we slowly recover from Covid-19.
Please do enjoy your time on the courts and more importantly keep safe at this time.
Bunbury Tennis Club Committee.